Friday, March 19, 2010

Teriyaki Chicken Wings

Oh goodness, I misplaced my camera for a little while so I was unable to capture the food I have been making. Unfortunately that included my blogversary party. I also seem to have a touch of spring fever and would rather be outside then in front of my computer. My blog isn't taking it very well, in fact I think we're fighting. Perhaps these Teriyaki Chicken Wings will cheer it up?

This is yet another recipe that I have acquired from my Mother. It's been around for quite a few years and happens to be one of my Father's favourite dishes. He frequently pulls the bowl, full of sticky delicious wings, in front of him plops one or two on my plate then announces that the rest are for him. With these wings there are never leftovers.

That Mother of mine, she seems to be the master of finding simple and yummy recipes that everyone loves. I've come to the decision that I want to be just like her when I grow up.


I have it on good authority that these wings will be making an appearance at my parents house for dinner this weekend...and I didn't even have to ask for them.

Teriyaki Chicken Wings

  • 3 1/2 lbs Chicken Wings
  • Oil
  • 2 TBSP Water
  • 1 tsp Ground Ginger
  • 1/2 cup Mild Soy Sauce
  • 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
  • 1/2 cup Sugar
Cut wings into 3 pieces, discarding the tip. Place into a large skillet and brown in oil.

Add water; cover and steam for 10 - 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, combine ginger, soy sauce, garlic and sugar. Pour over wings. Cook for 3/4 hour until tender and sauce is thickened.

Makes 6-8 servings (unless you have a very hungry father then you're lucky to get 4)

1 comment: